08:30:32 <xruxa> #startmeeting
08:30:32 <linarobot> Meeting started Wed Nov 18 08:30:32 2015 UTC.  The chair is xruxa. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:30:32 <linarobot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:30:38 <xruxa> #chair bero
08:30:38 <linarobot> Current chairs: bero xruxa
08:30:59 * bero is here
08:31:04 <sunao> hi
08:31:12 * yspan waves
08:32:13 <xruxa> #topic Status round
08:32:26 <xruxa> sunao, please go ahead with your status
08:32:34 <sunao> What did you do?
08:32:36 <sunao> 1. test the memory usage of default jemalloc, dlmalloc and half-parameter jemalloc in android 5.1, got the data, analyzing.
08:32:37 <sunao> what are you going to do?
08:32:39 <sunao> 1. analyze the data, update to result to JIRA.
08:32:40 <sunao> what problems do you have?
08:32:42 <sunao> 1.  hikey hdmi problem, test it with different tvs and monitors and different resolutions, all of them has the hdmi problem. maybe hardware problem.
08:33:12 <sunao> that's all
08:33:20 <xruxa> sunao you say Android 5.1 ? bero is that 5.1 or 6.0 work?
08:33:48 <sunao> I have not found the vendor tarball for android6.0, don't know whether to download
08:33:50 <bero> We've recently moved to 6.0, but it doesn't matter, the malloc implementations haven't changed
08:34:24 <sunao> where to download the vendor tarball? Mali related files
08:35:01 <xruxa> sunao, thanks.
08:35:36 <bero> I'm not sure where the Mali files are being kept either, but I know they're released... Will dig them up
08:35:39 <xruxa> Qian___, Qian____ -  please go ahead with your status next
08:35:48 <Qian____> xruxa: ok
08:36:04 <sunao> thanks bero, if you got it please info me
08:36:05 <Qian____> What did you do?
08:36:05 <Qian____> Compiled perl-5.18.1 for SPEC, still can’t work(can’t locate method “accessor”).
08:36:05 <Qian____> Found out the reason caused (can’t locate method “accessor”), we can’t write like $config->top in android, But $config->{top} or $config->{‘top’} instead.
08:36:07 <Qian____> What are you going to do?
08:36:08 <Qian____> Write a script to change all the places like $config->top to $config->{top} to have try
08:36:11 <Qian____> What problems do you have?
08:36:13 <Qian____> Can anyone tell me why or I can solve it by change some tools without changing the source code?
08:36:46 <bero> No idea why that isn't working... Any perl experts here?
08:36:55 <xruxa> Does it work on x86?
08:37:11 <Qian____> xruxa: yes
08:37:47 <Qian____> xruxa: I have changed the perl version from 5.12.3 to 5.18.1
08:38:06 <bero> did you try with 5.18.1 on x86? Maybe something changed between 5.12 and 5.18
08:39:05 <Qian____> and i have changed "make"
08:39:06 <Qian____> i haven't try 5.18.1 on x86
08:39:13 <Qian____> because it's meaningness.
08:39:38 <Qian____> maybe we should ask SPEC
08:40:00 <Qian____> whether they have updated the version
08:40:40 <bero> yes, they might have run into that... Let's see if TCWG has any contacts there
08:40:51 <Qian____> I have tried perl-5.12.3 in android, it can't work because can't load POSIX.so
08:40:56 <bero> or if we have any form of a support deal with them
08:41:30 <xruxa> ok, lets try asking TCWG first
08:41:37 <xruxa> Qian____, thanks.
08:41:52 <Qian____> yes, if you can update the tools, that should be much better
08:41:55 <xruxa> I do not see Luther here today
08:42:05 <xruxa> xavierhsu,  please go ahead with your status next
08:42:10 <xavierhsu> ok
08:42:20 <xavierhsu> What did you do?I use different methods to hack official image of Hikey.
08:42:32 <xavierhsu> What are you going to do?I need to exchange the libs (libjpeg.so) of official image.
08:42:40 <xavierhsu> What problems do you have?I still can not exchange the libs from official image of Hikey.
08:43:18 <xavierhsu> Bero, the official image can normally be boot and used, but I can not exchange the libs.
08:43:54 <bero> xavierhsu: why not? After "mount -o remount,rw /system", you should be able to push stuff to /system/lib...
08:44:18 <xavierhsu> Bero, I upgrade the source code of Hikey, it can normally be build, but it can not be normally boot.
08:45:10 <bero> what error do you get?
08:45:23 <xavierhsu> bero, shell@hikey:/ $ mount -o remount rw /system
08:45:23 <xavierhsu> mount: Permission denied
08:45:32 <yspan> bero, as I know, he failed to 'adb root'  or  run 'su' in adb shell
08:45:39 <bero> yes
08:45:50 <xavierhsu> 130|shell@hikey:/ $ su
08:45:50 <xavierhsu> shell@hikey:/ # mount -o remount rw /system
08:45:50 <xavierhsu> mount: Permission denied
08:45:52 <bero> and it's "remount,rw" not "remont rw"
08:46:58 <xavierhsu> @@
08:47:16 <xavierhsu> Bero, you right....
08:47:21 <xavierhsu> >"<
08:47:44 <xruxa> xavierhsu, ok, hope we got that solved, lets see what you have to report tomorrow on the library deployment on HiKey. Thanks.
08:48:00 <xavierhsu> OK
08:48:02 <xruxa> yspan,  please go ahead with your status next
08:48:05 <xavierhsu> thanks bero.
08:48:41 <yspan> What did you do?
08:48:41 <yspan> git repo created:
08:48:42 <yspan> https://dev-private-git.linaro.org/android/platform/external/libpng.git/shortlog/refs/heads/yspan-dev-dlopen
08:48:42 <yspan> What are you going to do?
08:48:42 <yspan> wait for gerrit ready
08:48:58 <yspan> no problems
08:49:29 <xruxa> yspan, bero - does it look like we will still start/do the LMG-941 - investigate ART parameters for AOSP RAM reduction this month?
08:50:43 <xruxa> yspan, thanks for the update.
08:50:52 <xruxa> liuyq,  please go ahead with your status next?
08:51:16 <liuyq> What did you do?
08:51:16 <liuyq> Verified the build for bionic optimizations for marshmallow builds.
08:51:17 <liuyq> Submitted test plan templates for Hikey build.
08:51:17 <liuyq> Tried to run the cts foucsed1 plan for Hikey build(not crash, but not run to complete)
08:51:17 <liuyq> Checked the art optimization on Hikey, but the result is ART optimization is not ready for marshmallow build.
08:51:18 <liuyq> What are you going to do?
08:51:20 <liuyq> Running benchmarks on Nexus7
08:51:22 <liuyq> Enable tests jobs for Hikey build
08:51:24 <liuyq> Integrate kernel/mediacode/piglit tests for Hikey member builds.
08:51:26 <liuyq> Write HOWTOs for Hikey
08:51:32 <liuyq> What problems do you have?
08:51:34 <liuyq> None
08:51:46 <xruxa> thanks liuyq
08:52:00 <xruxa> zhizhoutian__, would you go next please?
08:52:15 <xruxa> #info Luther missing today
08:53:46 <xruxa> zhizhoutian__,  ?
08:53:58 <xruxa> likely not here
08:54:04 <xruxa> bero, would you go next please?
08:54:22 <bero> What did you do?
08:54:22 <bero> Toolchain 5.2-2015.11
08:54:22 <bero> Tried to build an AMD A1100 Overdrive box
08:54:22 <bero> Started porting DragonBoard patches to M so kernel team can continue looking into it
08:54:22 <bero> Fixed compile breakages for Juno builds without the M-LCR or R-LCR patchsets
08:54:22 <bero> What are you going to do?
08:54:22 <bero> Fix remaining issues for release
08:54:23 <bero> Make sure 5.2-2015.11 toolchains can create working AOSP builds
08:54:23 <bero> Get a new PSU for the A1100 box
08:54:24 <bero> Get the DragonBoard build ready for the kernel team to look at
08:54:24 <bero> What problems do you have?
08:54:25 <bero> none in particular
08:55:48 <xruxa> thanks bero
08:55:57 <xruxa> eric____, please go next with your status
08:57:22 <xruxa> wangjian, please go next while we wait for eric____
08:57:28 <wangjian> OK
08:57:35 <wangjian> 1. Try to get the M-LCR code, but there is a firewall issue, I have applied hackbox account from IT services to solve this problem.
08:57:35 <wangjian> 2. Reduce launcher memory usage by disable or limit live wallpapers feature
08:57:35 <wangjian> What are you going to do?
08:57:35 <wangjian> 1. Waiting for IT reply.
08:57:35 <wangjian> 2. Try to disable live wallpapers and check the memory usage.
08:57:35 <wangjian> What problems do you have?
08:57:35 <wangjian> None
08:57:58 <xruxa> wangjian, nice, thanks.
08:58:09 <xruxa> eric____, ?
08:58:15 <eric____> https://www.irccloud.com/pastebin/RwoH116z/
08:58:37 <xruxa> eric____, just paste directly here :) We can see the shared document as well :)
08:59:03 <xruxa> #info zhizhoutian__ missing today
08:59:06 <eric____> I spent a lot of time on update the system and make the analyzer work today, but still failed
08:59:16 * zhizhoutian__ is here
08:59:19 <eric____> xruxa: yes, I will
08:59:28 * zhizhoutian__ wait a moment pls
08:59:47 <xruxa> zhizhoutian__, hehehe, I thought you are not here :)
09:00:29 <zhizhoutian__> xruxa: i am wc just now.
09:00:44 <xruxa> eric____, thanks, that is okay, one day for tools setup is fine. Let us know tomorrow how you progress.
09:00:47 <bero> eric____: you might be lucky with the ready-made packages available here: http://llvm.org/apt/
09:00:51 <xruxa> zhizhoutian__, you want to go next?
09:01:04 <zhizhoutian__> xruxa: i am writting
09:01:13 <eric____> xruxa: yes, I will try to make it work
09:01:36 <eric____> xruxa: ...
09:03:02 <xruxa> in the meanwhile - is either mingling or wuhai here? I do not see Jixin Li and Yu Xing.
09:03:19 <eric____> xruxa: thanks, I also need update others tools like cmake, but it involve a lot problems to my system, :(
09:03:27 <wuhai> Hi,bero,I found no tasks to me in jira,I remember that I have told you what I can do in the IRC last week.
09:04:39 <zhizhoutian__> Zhizhou Tian <zhizhou.tian@linaro.org>
09:04:39 <zhizhoutian__> What did you do?
09:04:39 <zhizhoutian__> LMG-939	Re-investigate zramfs to reduce memory usage
09:04:39 <zhizhoutian__> - what about compression with hardware? should talk with ASIC
09:04:39 <zhizhoutian__> - how to connect with hardware, with irq or loop?
09:04:39 <zhizhoutian__> - how to increse I/O amount? use lli?
09:04:39 <zhizhoutian__> What are you going to do?
09:04:40 <zhizhoutian__> What problems do you have?
09:04:44 <xruxa> #action bero to make JIRA tasks for wuhai (vold and mountservice architecture code)
09:05:23 <bero> wuhai: yes, I know -- any progress with vold and mountservice, or do you think there's other components more likely to waste memory?
09:06:23 <xruxa> zhizhoutian__, bero - did we get basic answers (does zramfs actually work for us on low memory devices) before diving into ASIC accelerated compression?
09:06:38 <wuhai> 5:32 PM <wuhai> Find more time-consuming system Service Code,and change it to achieve through JNI,I think it would be more efficient.
09:06:38 <wuhai> 5:32 PM <wuhai> Do you think feasible?
09:07:16 <bero> wuhai: yes, it probably is -- let's give it a try
09:07:16 <wuhai> i just stared my task from vold/mountservice
09:07:24 <zhizhoutian__> xruxa:  no, i have never tried this before.
09:07:39 <bero> xruxa: we know it works, but I don't think we know how much memory it saves
09:07:52 <zhizhoutian__> xruxa, bero i can not make sure hardware must faster than software.
09:08:47 <xruxa> bero, exactly - lets get those numbers first zhizhoutian__  :)
09:08:56 <zhizhoutian__> xruxa: zramfs works well on t-shark devices:0
09:09:22 <wuhai> What did you do?
09:09:22 <wuhai> analyzes mountservice code and found no need to do the conversion to JNI, because more time-consuming operation are transferred to the NativeDaemonConnector done, so I will analyze other system services.
09:09:22 <wuhai> What are you going to do?
09:09:22 <wuhai> 1.try to download M-LCR source code with hackbox;
09:09:22 <wuhai> 2.I will analyzes PowerManagerService;
09:09:23 <wuhai> What problems do you have?
09:09:23 <wuhai> None until now
09:09:35 <zhizhoutian__> xruxa: do you want me to measure how many memory saved with zramfs?
09:10:09 <xruxa> zhizhoutian__, I think that is what bero wanted
09:10:40 <yspan> zhizhoutian__, really!? that's cool! zramfs save very few memory on Juno.. :(
09:10:42 <bero> zhizhoutian__: yes, let's measure if it's worth using before optimizing it (but chances are it will be worth using)
09:10:58 <xruxa> zhizhoutian__, thanks
09:11:11 <xruxa> wuhai, thanks
09:11:11 <Qian____> wuhai,I have analyzed PWS before
09:11:24 <zhizhoutian__> yspan: yes, we run it, but i have not messure it yet.
09:11:54 <zhizhoutian__> bero: ok, let me try to do this
09:12:17 <xruxa> ok, is Jixin Li or Yu Xing here? If not, did I forget someone?
09:13:27 <xruxa> #info Jixin Li not here today
09:13:37 <xruxa> #info Yu Xing not here today
09:13:45 <bero> wuhai: https://projects.linaro.org/browse/LMG-963
09:13:48 <xruxa> mingling, are you here?
09:14:21 <zhizhoutian__> xruxa: mingling is power off :)
09:14:43 <xruxa> hehehe
09:14:51 <xruxa> #info mingling not here today
09:15:12 <xruxa> ok, lets wrap up the meeting so that discussion can continue
09:15:16 <xruxa> #endmeeting