08:34:17 <xruxa> #startmeeting
08:34:17 <linarobot> Meeting started Wed Oct 28 08:34:17 2015 UTC.  The chair is xruxa. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
08:34:17 <linarobot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
08:34:22 <xruxa> now it works
08:34:31 <xruxa> #chair bero
08:34:31 <linarobot> Current chairs: bero xruxa
08:34:43 <xruxa> bero, morning, would you go first with status?
08:35:33 <bero> sure
08:35:35 <bero> What did you do?
08:35:35 <bero> more toolchain bisection
08:35:35 <bero> got a working build of the AOSP toolchain from source, parameters must be workable
08:35:35 <bero> assorted meetings
08:35:35 <bero> What are you going to do?
08:35:36 <bero> more toolchain bisection - hopefully sort it out for good
08:35:36 <bero> if toolchain bisection is successful, run build with 5.2+lto and see what breaks
08:35:37 <bero> What problems do you have?
08:35:37 <bero> none
08:36:22 <xruxa> thanks bero
08:36:32 <xruxa> sunao, would you go next?
08:36:40 <sunao> OK
08:36:59 <sunao> What did you do?
08:37:00 <sunao> make a patch for LMG-913, uploaded it fro review.
08:37:01 <sunao> help local team porting libjpeg_turbo
08:37:03 <sunao> what are you going to do?
08:37:04 <sunao> investigate the preload of fonts.
08:37:06 <sunao> help local team porting libjpeg_turbo
08:37:07 <sunao> what problems do you have?
08:37:09 <sunao> our local team use the libjpeg_turbo (M-LCR 15.09) to replace the system's libjpeg, after reboot, we can only see gray images in the Picture app and some picture seems to be not rightly decoded(these images can be showed normally on my PC). Does anyone meet this problem before? Where can I find the porting instructions?
08:39:03 <Qian> hi , i am online now
08:39:05 <xruxa> sunao, looking at your patch - it is single-line change?
08:39:21 <xruxa> https://android-review.linaro.org/#/c/16226/
08:39:35 <sunao> i also tried the master branch f libjpeg_trubo from android-review
08:39:53 <xruxa> bero, I guess that is simple enough to call "done" or do you want any more work on the libopus?
08:40:36 <bero> xruxa: yes, let's call it done for now. In the long run, we should probably make the player support it properly because it's much higher quality than the other codecs, but for memory reduction, actually kicking the unused library makes more sense
08:42:11 <xruxa> sunao, bero - didn't someone say Marshmallow used libjpeg-turbo out of box?
08:42:17 <xruxa> liuyq, ^^^ ?
08:42:33 <liuyq> sunao, that's probably caused by using different version header files. Please compile libjpeg-turbo from a clean environment
08:42:52 <bero> xruxa: It looked like it at first, but turned out not to be true. They did merge some code from libjpeg-turbo though (that's what caused the confusion)
08:43:07 <liuyq> sunao, better to compile from the status that out directory does not exist
08:43:10 <xruxa> bero, thanks for the info
08:43:12 <bero> xruxa: Probably full libjpeg-turbo is still faster than their hacked regular libjpeg with some simd stuff
08:43:23 <luther> frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/opus/dec/Android.mk:13:        libopus libstagefright libstagefright_omx \
08:43:32 <sunao> OK, I'll test this lib again
08:43:41 <luther> on 6.0
08:43:53 <xruxa> sunao, thanks.
08:44:10 <sunao> luther, this decoder won't be used in Android L
08:44:32 <luther> i search this result from Android-M 6.0 project
08:44:40 <xruxa> Qian, would you go next with status?
08:45:03 <Qian> What did you do?
08:45:03 <Qian> checked system, libcore, hardware about LMG-916 and LMG-915, I can’t identify more so far.
08:45:03 <Qian> What are you going to do?
08:45:06 <Qian> review all the table list.
08:45:07 <Qian> choose another backlog to work on.
08:45:09 <Qian> What problems do you have?
08:45:11 <Qian> none
08:45:47 <Qian> that's all
08:46:01 <xruxa> Qian, bero - did you find the time to review the findings?
08:46:39 <bero> partially. Still got to look in some more detail
08:46:50 <Qian> ok
08:46:52 <bero> some looks interesting, and for some things we may have to go into a bit more detail
08:47:11 <bero> e.g. it may make sense to replace one specific function or so with JNI
08:47:15 <xruxa> bero, if Qian wants to pick another task - which one would you recommend? Thumb-2 / C++11 / libwebp / hardcoded -O flags/ etc ?
08:47:29 <bero> Qian: any preference?
08:47:39 <xruxa> bero, or something from the list he just compiled
08:47:58 <Qian> bero ,what do you mean?
08:48:33 <bero> Qian: is there any particular other task you're interested in?
08:49:12 <Qian> bero, i will choose one, i  do not review nwo
08:49:37 <bero> ok, take a look at the open tasks and let me know
08:49:49 <xruxa> Qian, ok, thanks.
08:49:51 <Qian> bero ,ok,
08:50:12 <xruxa> bero, if you feel some of the findings should turn into follow-up tasks please make items or ping me about it
08:50:25 <xruxa> luther, would you go next?
08:50:38 * luther What did you do?
08:50:38 <luther> 1. open the door of libcore/luni/src/main/java/libcore/io/BlockGuardOs.java
08:50:38 <luther> then we see a complex world, many complex design is here,
08:50:38 <luther> using eclipse follows into any unknow design, following is one of them
08:50:38 <luther> libcore/libart/src/main/java/sun/misc/Unsafe.java
08:50:39 <luther> ==> public native boolean compareAndSwapInt(Object obj, long offset,
08:50:41 <luther> int expectedValue, int newValue);
08:50:43 <luther> art/runtime/native/sun_misc_Unsafe.cc
08:50:47 <luther> ==> Unsafe_compareAndSwapInt
08:50:48 <bero> xruxa: will do when I've looked at them in more detail
08:50:49 * luther What are you going to do?
08:50:51 <luther> 1. Go on dive into complex art and java design try to understand a bit more
08:50:53 <luther> libcore/libart/src/main/java/sun/misc/Unsafe.java
08:50:55 <luther> ==> public native boolean compareAndSwapInt(Object obj, long offset,
08:50:57 <luther> int expectedValue, int newValue);
08:51:01 <luther> art/runtime/native/sun_misc_Unsafe.cc
08:51:05 <luther> ==> Unsafe_compareAndSwapInt
08:51:07 * luther What problems do you have?
08:51:09 <luther> 1. None till now
08:52:18 <xruxa> luther, thanks.
08:52:31 <xruxa> liuyq, would you go next please?
08:52:49 <liuyq> YongQin Liu <yongqin.liu@linaro.org>
08:52:49 <liuyq> What did you do?
08:52:49 <liuyq> Finished CTS test for FVP builds on local side.
08:52:50 <liuyq> Finished draft version of 15.10 release notes
08:52:50 <liuyq> Submitted changes for CTS test implementation for Running CTS6.0 on LAVA
08:52:50 <liuyq> Updated and commented on Test Reports for 15.10 release.
08:52:52 <liuyq> What are you going to do?
08:52:54 <liuyq> Sending out mail to Koen/Fathi for release note check, and update release notes with comments and bug fixes
08:52:59 <liuyq> Checking about the status for kernel hang problem
08:53:01 <liuyq> Starting to fix bugs for Marshmallow builds
08:53:03 <liuyq> Starting to Integrate missing tests/repositories into Marshmallow
08:53:05 <liuyq> 
08:53:07 <liuyq> What problems do you have?
08:53:09 <liuyq> None
08:53:24 <liuyq> xruxa, bero more closer to the end of release for 15.10
08:53:39 <xruxa> liuyq, thanks!
08:54:09 <xruxa> zhizhoutian_, you are next please
08:54:18 * zhizhoutian_ What did you do?
08:54:38 <zhizhoutian_> * Spreadtrum devices install in LAVA
08:54:38 <zhizhoutian_> - Investigate t-shark adb connect issue with Lava guys
08:54:38 <zhizhoutian_> * Ready code for Tinno and LMG
08:54:38 <zhizhoutian_> - Find out a way to build collaborative work environment with Spreadtrum’s director. I have written an email to you and tgall_foo and bero and luther
08:54:49 * zhizhoutian_ What are you going to do?
08:54:59 <zhizhoutian_> * Ready code for Tinno and LMG
08:55:16 * zhizhoutian_ What problems do you have? none
08:56:11 <xruxa> zhizhoutian_, bero - is the discussion on tshark builds still ongoing then?
08:57:02 <bero> yes
08:57:30 <bero> there's some political issues that need to be sorted out at a higher level
08:57:43 <xruxa> lovely
08:57:46 <bero> (how to work with assignees from other companies)
08:57:50 <xruxa> zhizhoutian_, thanks
08:57:54 <bero> but in general the plan looks sane
08:58:04 <zhizhoutian_> xruxa: :)
08:58:05 <xruxa> did I forget about Peter? yspan please your status.
08:58:13 <yspan> hi
08:58:23 <yspan> What did you do?
08:58:23 <yspan> Completed stub functions. Compilation: OK. Shell: OK. Booting to Android: Failed. Stayed in android logo. No kernel error message.
08:58:34 <yspan> What are you going to do?
08:58:34 <yspan> Try to output some logs. Use pngtest in shell.
08:58:40 <yspan> What problems do you have?
08:58:40 <yspan> none
09:03:45 <yspan> so..?
09:03:54 <xavierhsu> @@
09:04:19 <bero> yspan: anything fun in logcat?
09:04:26 <xruxa> yspan, thanks
09:05:22 <yspan> bero, I will check
09:05:37 <xruxa> ok, did I forget someone?
09:05:45 <xavierhsu> Me
09:05:50 <xavierhsu> Xavier is here
09:05:51 <xruxa> of course!
09:05:55 <xavierhsu> What did you do?1. Add a fake file (libjpeg_enc_fake.c) in libjpeg.so.
09:06:05 <xavierhsu> What are you going to do?1. Compiling Android source code and running on 96board.
09:06:19 <xavierhsu> What problems do you have?1. In addition to measure memory usage, what I need to do?
09:06:52 <xruxa> xavierhsu, can you finish cross-compiling spec 2k6 for ARM now that bero make new NDK with Fortran? The card has been planned for October.
09:07:04 <bero> xavierhsu: memory usage and of course make sure it still works ;)
09:07:17 <xavierhsu> xruxa, ok . I will do it.
09:08:32 <xavierhsu> bero, I got it. Measure the memory usage and let Android system can be normally run.
09:08:41 <xruxa> ok all, thanks for participation, lets wrap the status round up.
09:08:48 <bero> xavierhsu: yes
09:08:59 <xavierhsu> bero, thanks.
09:09:01 <xruxa> #endmeeting